Easy and Elegant. . .
Sugared fruit remains a classic that’s easy to prepare for a holiday table – an affordable centerpiece idea that is always au courant!
1. Select like colored fruit for a monochromatic scheme, or mix it up – as you like!
2. Begin by washing and drying all the fruit. When using grapes, separate into small bunches of a few grapes each.
3. In a small bowl, mix 4 teaspoons water with 2 teaspoons of marshmallow cream. (Ratio is always 2-to-1.) Combine well.
4. In a separate bowl, add 1/2 cup of sugar, or more as needed.
5 Spread sheets of waxed paper on counter for placing the fruit
6. Brush fruit with the marshmallow cream mixture to moisten, then hold the fruit over the sugar bowl and spoon sugar on all sides covering evenly.
7. Place sugared fruit on the waxed paper to air-dry for 4-6 hours before placing them in a centerpiece.
A stand alone statement or mix with a few pine cones, candles, and/or greenery. Easy and elegant – gracious living at its best!