Life & Style Blog by GiGi & Company Distinctives
The old adage of, “a happy mom, is a happy family” is indeed true but it seems it’s missing an important component…how about this rather simple, and powerful, equation: a happy husband + a happy wife = a REALLY happy family.
Nurturing the marriage and each other is foremost. Keeping the relationship with your spouse a top priority in the midst of parenting is a constant challenge, however, it certainly leads to more effective and more united parenting. Nurturing your spouse ultimately nurtures your entire family.
Consider these simple yet significant ways in which to nurture your spouse:
1. Ask for a “honey do” list – and knock it out!
2. Give your spouse a back rub/foot massage.
3. Flowers or branches picked from the garden, guys like them too!
4. Always say “thank you!” and mean it!
5. Send thoughtful, timely messages – via text, voice mail or e-mail.
6. Surprise “love notes” – place in the refrigerator, briefcase, purse or lunch bag.
Simple gestures that mean so much – they are essential to the equation: happy husband + happy wife = a really happy family!
Happy Parent’s Day!