Life & Style Blog by GiGi & Company Distinctives
When cared for properly, cloth napkins will last for years, especially those made of 100% linen. Keep several sets in different colors and patterns, and you’ll always be prepared for any occasion.
Did you know?
• Linen is extremely long lasting and often passed on through generations.
• Linen is completely natural and is a biodegradable resource.
• Can be machine washed and will launder beautifully.
• Every time you wash linen it gets softer.
• Due to its unique properties, linen undergoes a molecular change when wet and becomes stronger, resulting in greater longevity than cotton.
• It is highly absorbent, lint free and static free.
• Linen has antifungal and antibacterial properties, and is naturally insect repellent.
• It gives protection against UV radiation.
• Linen soils less quickly than cotton, therefore can be washed less often.
Do you have a favorite set of table linens that has been passed on to you?